Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 5 2009 cont.

I know that I am a little behind on this blog, but the following are the events that occured on May 5 2009 during the day.

After I had posted my last blog, the group left for UEF for morning classes. We continuied our study of the Vietnamese language and i love it! It is a very diffcult language to speak yet it is an exciting class to take part in. Our techer is wonderful. I also had my first business class ever in my whole education career and to say that i took it in Viet Nam is amazing. The Vietnamese business professor was awesome too but a little hard top understand. We learned about the tax reform in Viet Nam. Also I am starting to grasp some phrases in the language such as saying my name and saying "see you agian".

On a less academic note, Our group of students overloaded the UEF elevator and it plunged down to the basement. It was a little scary yet funny. We were stuck for a few minutes. Ten Ameircans and a small Vietnamese man does not equal eight Vietnamese people. Lesson Learned.

Our business visit that day was more for the business students. It was Glass Egg Media a video game artwork outsourcing firm. They gave us a great tour. It was amazing the computer artwork thier workers can do! They are highly ranked in Asia as one of the top five in their fields. Very impressive. The presentation had some reagrd to engineering when it came to prgramming. The visit was great and one of my favorites thus far.

Later that night, I fell asleep while everyone went out to club Lush. I was such a Deborah. Everyone had a great time.