Monday, May 18, 2009

May 11-16 2009

I am sorry i have been so behind on my blog.  This entry os more of a way to round out my trip to Vietnam and tell what i had done the last week in this amazing trip.

We had class everyday that week expect for thursday, due to a day trip to the stock exchange. Our language has come so far and we even had a test on friday.  The lectures in the mornings really helped all of us experience the culture much better, especially with respect to the language.

Company visits this week included:
A local real-estate firm
The United States Department of Commerce
The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange

On Wednesday instead of going to a company visit we stayed at the university and hung out their English club and later in the day played soccer against the University team.  That was something to see lol.

Our group also made a trip to the War Reminiscent Museum which was probably the most intense museum i have ever been to. Much of what we saw was propaganda against the American efforts in Viet Nam. Though the images were strong, it really gave me the full sense of the war.  It was something most would not want to see but need to at the same time.

We spent this last week trying to get the most out of the city regarding both activities in the day and night. I think we achieved this.  My trip to Viet Nam has been one of the best experiences in my life.  I plan to go back as soon as i can.